- Those undertaking this training must have completed Fire Prevention and Fire fighting (Section A-VI/1-2 of STCW) or be in the process of completing it or similar training acceptable to the MCA
- Non-Indian Participants need to hold a Student Visa to India to undergo the course
- Basic FPFF(Any Administration approved by MCA),
- Stamp/Passport size photo in formals
The above certificates can be merged and uploaded on the HIMT Student Portal.
Tanker Fire Fighting - As per MCA MNTB Guidelines:
Outcome: The learner knows how to carry out fire fighting operations on board tankers
(oil, chemical, liquefied gas).
- Describe typical tanker fire response and fire fighting organization and
- procedures, including:
- Fire control plans and equipment location;
- Team make-up and leadership;
- PPE requirements and dressing for firefighting;
- Equipment being ready for immediate use;
- Use of equipment within a fire team;
- Communication methods and their limitations.
- Identify the special hazards associated with cargo handling and transportation of
- hazardous and noxious liquids and liquefied gases in bulk.
- Carry out the initial actions on discovering a fire.
- Describe the correct fire-fighting agents used to extinguish oil, chemical and
- liquefied gas fires.
- Describe the use of fixed deck fire-fighting equipment including dry powder and foam.
- Demonstrate, as a team member, use of the deck foam monitor and use of a deck dry
- powder installation.
- Demonstrate and use portable fire-fighting foam equipment.
- Describe spill containment in relation to fire-fighting operations.
Batch dates are tentative depending on the minimum number of participants