|Batch Dates||Location / Mode||Timing||Fees||Book Now|
|15 Apr 2023 - 15 Apr 2023||KILPAUK, CHENNAI - Physical class only||5.45 to 17.00||14900Rs|
|20 May 2023 - 20 May 2023||KILPAUK, CHENNAI - Physical class only||5.45 to 17.00||14900Rs|
|17 Jun 2023 - 17 Jun 2023||KILPAUK, CHENNAI - Physical class only||5.45 to 17.00||14900Rs|
The above certificates can be merged and uploaded on the HIMT Student Portal.
Tanker Fire Fighting - As per MCA MNTB Guidelines
Outcome: The learner knows how to carry out fire fighting operations on board tankers
(oil, chemical, liquefied gas).
1. Describe typical tanker fire response and fire fighting organization and
a. Fire control plans and equipment location;
b. Team make-up and leadership;
c. PPE requirements and dressing for firefighting;
d. Equipment being ready for immediate use;
e. Use of equipment within a fire team;
f. Communication methods and their limitations.
2. Identify the special hazards associated with cargo handling and transportation of
hazardous and noxious liquids and liquefied gases in bulk.
3. Carry out the initial actions on discovering a fire.
4. Describe the correct fire-fighting agents used to extinguish oil, chemical and
liquefied gas fires.
5. Describe the use of fixed deck fire-fighting equipment including dry powder and foam.
6. Demonstrate, as a team member, use of the deck foam monitor and use of a deck dry
7. Demonstrate and use portable fire-fighting foam equipment.
8. Describe spill containment in relation to fire-fighting operations.