|Batch Dates||Location / Mode||Timing||Fees||Book Now|
|29 May 2023 - 09 Jun 2023||KILPAUK, CHENNAI - Physical class only||7.00 to 16.15||29000Rs|
This Upgradation Course is applicable to the:
a) Candidates holding MEO Class I CoC under STCW 1995 for Upgradation to STCW 2010.
b) Candidates holding MEO Class II CoC under STCW 1995 for Upgradation to STCW 2010.
Marine Engineer Officers pertaining to Class I or Class II and possessing Certificate of Competency issued under the STCW 95 are eligible to upgrade their Certificate of Competency for complying with STCW 2010, after successful completion of:-
1. An approved refresher and updating training Course (Upgradation Course), which includes assessment by the institute.
2. In addition to the Upgradation Course, candidates are required to undergo modules on refresher training for Personal Survival Techniques (PST), Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB), Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF), Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF), and REO Course. (attached as Annexure III - Practical Training) wherever these certificates are or nearing five years old.
3. Officers who have not undergone Ship Security Officer (SSO) training are required to undergo approved training Course for "Seafarers with designated security duties" in accordance with Regulation VI/6, paragraph 4, 5, and 6 and Table A-VI/6-2.
E-Learning ID: 1116
Up-gradation of Marine Engineer Officers Certificates
1. Certificates shall be revalidated for a maximum period of 5 years from the date of completion of Up-gradation Course.
2. For Up-gradation of the Certificates, in addition to the training Courses prescribed above, every candidate shall:-
3. Meet the standards of medical fitness as prescribed in the Merchant Shipping (Medical Examination) Rules and the STCW Code;
4. Establish continued professional competence as required under Regulation I/11 by:
a) approved seagoing service, performing functions appropriate to the certificate held, for a period of at least:
i) twelve months in total during the preceding five years; or
ii) three months in total during the preceding six months immediately prior to revalidating; or
b) having performed functions considered to be equivalent to the seagoing service required in paragraph "a", or,
c) passing an approved test, i.e Oral examination; or
d) Successfully completing an approved training Course, i.e. preparatory Course of the respective grade or the next higher grade.
e) having completed approved seagoing service, performing functions appropriate to the certificate held, for a period of not less than three months in a supernumerary capacity, or in a rank next below to that for
which the certificate held is valid, immediately prior to taking up the rank for which it is valid.
For More details visit DG Circular Click here
Dress Code : Collarless T.Shirts, Shorts, Sandals, Bathroom slippers are not permitted for Physical Classes
Find the detail guide to DG Shipping 3 Tier System Click here